As we all know, the year may come to an end, but the fun never ends on New Year’s Eve.
Being the hotbed of parties, New York City always has something bold, beautiful, and wacky to offer.
There are many options from pubs, fireworks, musicals, cruises, museums, and more. Carmel Limousines in New York shall guide you to having a ball of a time.
Don’t forget to book your Carmel rides in advance since NYE can get pretty busy.
Museum of Modern Art
If you have resolved to become more of a nerd in 2021, this place is perfect to begin with.
Take a break during the day before hitting the dance floor in the evening. The massive expansion of MoMA is evaluated at a whopping 700,000 square feet.
Out of this gigantic space, 166,000 square feet are reserved for exhibition space.
They have been promoting Picasso, Pollock, and other great artists for decades. You will the display of multicultural artistic splendor from the 20th- and 21st-century. It brings informative value and takes you back in time.
How will you get here on a super busy day?
Book your cab with Carmel and leave the rest to us.
A Tasteful Brunch with Someone Special
If you have someone visiting you in NYC on NYE, treat them to some real American grub at one of these brunch-ready restaurants.
This Thai-inspired restaurant specializes in seafood. The a la carte menu on New Year’s Eve is something to look forward to.
It is extensive and covers a variety of cuisines, from Pomelo salads to aromatic coconut crab curry.
Dig into some comfort food at Bubby’s, which serves brunch regulars like spongy sour-cream pancakes, eggs benedict, and buttermilk biscuits.
This place usually gets crowded during New Year’s. We recommend reservations for a hassle-free experience.
La Pecora Bianca
If farm-dining or brunching is your thing, then this window-flanked restaurant brings you the best from Italy’s small-town farmhouses and country-side kitchens.
You can taste everything Italian, and the Lemon ricotta pancakes are not to be missed.
Magic Hour Rooftop Bar & Lounge at Moxy Times Square
You may wonder why this place would qualify for a great brunch destination. But, hardcore New Yorkers know it is.
You could start your tryst with cocktails early on for NYE celebrations or dig into their lip-smacking Super Stack Pancakes.
The fantastic Empire State Building view is a treat to the eyes. At the same time, the spacious 10,000-square-foot space and the rustic, dim-lit décor bowl you over.
Other Interesting and fun things to do
Get to Times Square to watch the “Times Square Ball Drop.”
Every New Year’s eve, more than 1 million people gather in Times Square, NYC.
The iconic Ball Drop is a once in a lifetime must-see spectacle that will drop your jaw as well.
This magical ball slowly comes down at the countdown and drops at midnight.
At the stroke of midnight, you’ll be cheering with the crowd to welcome the New Year.
This year the pandemic has caused scale-down and socially distance spectators through a live digital broadcast from the venue.
Only a limited group of in-person honorees will be seen to reflect the challenges and aspirations of 2020.
Attend a Concert or Show
New York City is replete with innovative musicals, dance shows, and of course, Broadway.
Shows like The Lion King, Chicago, Wicked, Mamma Mia, and The Miserables will let you drown in the musical charm of these milestone hits.
The city’s most essential performance centers will be inundated with cheering fans and foot-tapping music from the Knockdown Center and Lincoln Center in Queens to the Brooklyn Waterfront and Edison Ballroom.
Rockefeller Christmas tree Lighting
Rockefeller gets all the more charming during Christmas and New Year’s Eve with all the lights and sparkle.
From 2nd December 2020 to 9th January 2021, the gigantic tree will be beautifully lit for the public to see and admire.
Many celebrities join the fun, and a live telecast is scheduled on NBC every year.
New Year’s Eve Fireworks
Fireworks bring excitement and give hope for a new beginning. Starting from the Times Square display, you could move on to Central Park’s fireworks launched from the Hecksher Ballfields.
Next comes the New York Harbor fireworks close to Liberty Island.
You can watch it from Brooklyn, the Financial District (south of Manhattan), and New Jersey. We recommend the dinner cruise at the yacht to have the best view.
Finally, Brooklyn’s Prospect Park fireworks give you a fantastic show from the Grand Army Plaza.
You could also enter the park on Prospect Park West or the west drive.
Festival of Lights Oneonta (Central New York)
For a laid back New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day, take a beautiful drive through the Festival of Lights event in Oneonta’s Neahwa Park.
This venue gives you a peaceful time past illuminated trees, floating luminaries, and light displays set by community groups to keep your holiday spirits high through the New Year.
Book your Carmel Limousine for a luxurious drive across this place, and don’t forget to ask for Champagne.
First Night Buffalo
The 32nd anniversary of First Night Buffalo will be celebrated this year, and you’re invited to join!
Every year, except this one, you’ll see magicians, jugglers, exotic animals, and much more giving you memorable performances.
Romantic Boat Cruise at the Hudson
A romantic yet off-beat experience is to go on a cruise with someone special. Make your New Year’s Eve memorable at New York Harbor.
Live music, scrumptious food, and an exquisitely curated wine selection complement the NYC skyline’s stunning views.
The skies illuminated by fireworks will make your boat cruise experience seem straight out of a fairytale.
If an exclusive wine-and-dine experience would interest you, this is the perfect one.
Head out to Coney Island
Fun during summertime, the Coney Island reopens for only one-night experience on New Year’s Eve.
This place is relatively new when it comes to the city’s NYE traditions.
This activity-filled island is grand if you’re looking for some fresh air, social distancing, and outdoor fun.
You can try out the fun Ferris wheel, enjoy the breath-taking fireworks over the boardwalk, or be thrilled by the Thunderbolt.
Hop on the steel roller coaster for an exciting ride. You can also take the kids to the New York Aquarium that remains open until 9 PM.
Get stomped by a charming beachside carnival with food, drinks, and performances to bring in 2021.
Here are some first-hand tips to go around safely during New Year’s Eve, which may get crowded and unsafe at times.
- The first thing you need to consider count in is safe transportation. You’ll be traveling around the city a lot. The best way to this is to hire a reliable transportation service provider like Carmel Limos. Since all the subway lines and city buses would be choked, we recommend hiring us to take you and your family around for an affordable price.
- Since some streets and subway stations are barricaded for New Year’s Eve celebrations, give yourself additional time to reach venues and find a comfortable spot if there is no reservation. Our drivers arrive a half-hour early or earlier on request and take you to your destination(s) on-time.
- Times Square can get too crowded with more than a million visitors. This year might be different. However, to find a decent spot, we recommend better planning and booking a Carmel Limo in advance. We recommend entering from the north zone to avoid larger crowds.
- Gaining access to washrooms and other amenities is as hard as it can get during NYE. You could buy tickets from one of the sponsors on Times Square before-hand.
These businesses host the New Year’s Eve events and are in close proximity to the venue. This makes these shops or restaurants the perfect spot to kill time while you wait for midnight.
This ticket lets you gain access to Times Square, food and drinks (limited), and a place to get warmed up when it gets too cold, and the liberty to move around. Your options include Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum, AMC Theatres, and Dave & Buster’s, among others.
- No matter which experience you choose, always wear comfortable footwear for long walks. We at Carmel will give you the most comfortable ride if you are venue-hopping for NYE so that you can keep walking to a bare minimum.
- Dress up in multiple layers to keep yourself cozy instead of cold at night.
- We’ll tell you a secret to a vantage point in experiencing New York City’s impressive skylines. Yes, we mean the Empire State Building. But like any other popular attraction on New Year’s Eve, it gets crowded too. Grab your spot in advance and get there on time with Carmel Limousines NYC.
- Remember to keep a refillable water bottle handy since buying it could become problematic. This problem is solved with bottled water supply when you ride with Carmel Limousines.
- Always wear a sanitized mask and carry a hand sanitizer wherever you go. Please maintain social distancing and avoid crowded places.
We hope this blog gave you useful tips in ringing in the New Year safely with new hopes and dreams.
The Carmel Family Wishes you a Safe and Happy 2021!